January 23, 2015

A Resolution

God of Heaven and Earth, I pray that You would lead me:

To better love others, especially those I disagree with. 
–and better practice discernment with those I trust.

To tolerate the intolerable. 
–and know what to not tolerate.

To shut my mouth when I have nothing useful to say. 
–and know when I must not keep silent.

To speak the truth in love.
–and have increased communication with the Giver of perfect love.

To be willing to admit I am wrong. 
–yet hold by faith to the Truth.

To humble myself out of love for my brother
–and courageously do the work of the one who gives courage.

To strive toward the eternal goal with increased devotion
–and run to Jesus when I fail.

To deny myself, take up my cross, and follow
–and trust in the one who was denied by God, died on a cross and forgave me.



This is a little bit late for the new year, but I still wanted to post this. We can make so many promises to ourselves or to God that we cannot keep. Knowing where to turn when that happens is important. For those who repent and believe that Jesus saves, nothing we do will make Jesus love us more or less. Through Jesus, we are perfectly loved. We are seen as perfect, because Jesus took our sin on himself. Believe and remember that this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment